The following assessors are recommended by MarinTrust* and have undertaken training on the MarinTrust Improver Programme application process and related fishery assessment of Fishery Improvement Project (FIP) fisheries. Therefore they may assist an applicant with the initial stages of preparing for MarinTrust IP application as well as follow up assessments during the FIP timeline.
The IP assessment should be carried out in accordance to the MarinTrust IP Application Mechanism (found here) and shall include the following:
- An overview of the fishery management framework with an organisational plan of the principal management organisations, their roles and responsibilities;
- A review of the availability of data in the various categories to be included;
- A determination of the overall scope of the full assessment;
- A description of potential obstacles or problems that may be barriers to approval within an agreed reasonable period of time;
- Identification of organisations and entities that will be important for engagement in the event of a full assessment.
Following submission to the MarinTrust IP, a peer review of the application will be carried out by an accredited certification body to ensure a robust and credible application process. For more information on the MarinTrust IP application process click here.
More information can be found at the following websites along with a list of the approved assessors for each of the Consultancies.
*It is not a requirement for a MarinTrust IP applicant to use one of the assessors on this list and they may use their own assessors if more appropriate.
Approved MarinTrust IP assessors at Key Traceability
- Iain Pollard
- Tom Evans
Tel: +44 (0)20 7255 7755
Approved MarinTrust IP assessors at MRAG
- Thomas Franklin
- Sérgio Abreu