MarinTrust Logo Guidelines
MarinTrust, formerly known as IFFO RS, is the leading independent business to business certification programme for the production of marine ingredients consisting of:
- the MarinTrust Standard for Responsible Supply,
- the MarinTrust Standard Chain of Custody for Responsible Supply
- and the MarinTrust Improver Programme
As a business-to-business certification programme the use of the MarinTrust logo is not eco-labelling directed at the end user of the marine ingredient products. All certified and accepted sites under the MarinTrust Programme must sign the Licence Agreement and Claims policy. This agreement allows MarinTrust to further protect and enforce the integrity of the logo and claim usage.
A transition period is set in place to allow companies to adjust to the new branding guidelines, more information on the transition and requirements can be found here.
What do you need to do?
So what is it than you need to do? All you need to do is take the following 2 steps.
- Phase out the use of the IFFO RS and/or IFFO RS CoC logo and ensure that these logos are no longer in use after 1st May 2021, and use the MarinTrust logo and claims in line with the brand guidelines and Licence Agreement and Claims policy
- All Certified Sites must sign the MarinTrust Licence Agreement and Claims Policy available in the downloads section of this page and return to email@example.com by 1st August 2020. All Improver Programme Accepted Sites must sign the MarinTrust Improver Programme Claims Agreement available in the downloads section of this page and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st August 2020.
- All certified sites and all Improver Programme Accepted sites are required to pay the annual £250 logo licencing fee, per plant.
Who can use the MarinTrust logo?
Reporting misuse of the Claim/logo
MarinTrust has robust requirements for the authorised us of the MarinTrust mark or claim. If in the case that a MarinTrust mark or claim to MarinTrust / MarinTrust CoC certification or acceptance to the MarinTrust Improver Programme has been misused, please contact MarinTrust directly on email@example.com.