MarinTrust Programme has been structured to the required level of consistency, assurance and credibility with the support of our Quality Management System (QMS), a set of coordinated activities to direct and control our process.
Our QMS outlines how we document our processes, responsibilities and procedures with the aim of ensuring that applicants to the MarinTrust programme are certified in a consistent and timely manner while maintaining ISO/IEC accreditation status and ISEAL Code Compliant.
MarinTrust Certification requirements are defined in series of documents. These documents provide specific requirements, guidelines and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance to the MarinTrust Programme.
Our QMS provides confidence in the ability of MarinTrust to deliver the desired services, consistently meeting the needs and expectations of stakeholders as well as regulatory requirements and continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our programme performance consistently.
MarinTrust QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM APPROVED PROCEDURAL DOCUMENTS
- Main Control Manual (V2.0) - Published April 9th 2021
In order to ensure consistency when carrying out standard setting and development activities in relation to all MarinTrust standards, MarinTrust has a Standard Development Procedure which covers all areas such as new standard development as well as review and revision of existing standards.
MarinTrust Certification Body approval process documented procedures
- Certification Body (CB) approval requirements for the MarinTrust audits and certification (D1- V3.0) Issued May 2023 - Effective from 23rd June 2023
- Guidelines for Certification Bodies (CB) managing applications to certification for the MarinTrust Programme (A2 - V3.0) Issued October 2022 - Effective from November 2022
- Procedural approval criteria for CBs wishing to apply for approval to audit and certify to the MarinTrust Programme (D2-V3) Effective from July 2021
- Contractual agreement between MarinTrust GBC an approved Certification Body (F1)
MarinTrust Certification Body procedures for conducting and certifying applicants for the MarinTrust programme
- Conducting of MarinTrust Factory & Chain of Custody audits by Registered Certification Bodies (CBs) (A4 - V3.1) Issued November 2023 - Effective from November 2023.
- Conducting MarinTrust Fishery or By-product Fishery Assessments by Registered Certification Bodies (A3 V3.0) Issued October 2022 - Effective from November 2022
- Procedures for issuing and withdrawal of certificates to the MarinTrust certification programme (A5 - V2.0) Issued October 2022 - Effective from November 2022
- Appeals and complaints procedure for the MarinTrust Programme (A6 V2) Effective from May 2021
- Client transferring their certification to a new approved Certification Body (D3 V2.0) Issued May 2023 - Effective from 23rd July 2023
MarinTrust approved training requirements for Certification Body and MarinTrust Secretariat
- Training and appointment procedure (B2V3.0) Issued December 2022 - Effective from December 2022
- Training procedure for all approved assessors that monitor compliance of CBs and IFFO RS approved auditors to the IFFO RS programme (B4V1.3 ) - under review
MarinTrust approved public interpretation guidance
Fishery and by-product fishery assessment
- Fishery Assessment Interpretation Guidance Document V2.1
- By-product Assessment Interpretation Guidance Document V2.2
- Public Interpretation Guidelines for the MarinTrust Factory Audit V2.0 (ID2)
- Public Interpretation Guidelines for the MarinTrust Chain of Custody Factory Audit (ID5)
MarinTrust approved report templates
- MarinTrust Factory Audit Report Template - For Version 2.0 of the MarinTrust standard (FAC1)
- MarinTrust Chain of Custody V2.0 Factory Audit Report template (FAC2)
- MarinTrust By-product fishery assessment report template (FISH1 - V2.3) Effective from 26 October 2022
- MarinTrust Whole fish fishery assessment report template (FISH2 - V2.2)