Fisheries Assessment Peer Review Group
Fisheries Assessment Peer Review Group (FAPRG) members review the fisheries assessment decisions taken by certification bodies (CB), to ensure that the interpretations are in line with the objectives of the MarinTrust standard.
FAPRG members have a sound understanding of the MarinTrust Standard, fisheries science, fishmeal manufacturing, the food supply chain and environmental conservation. Advice on specific matters is also sought from fisheries scientists, when needed.
The FAPRG provides reassurance that the MarinTrust programme for assessment and approval of raw material used by the global marine ingredient manufacturing industry is credible and robust.
The outcome is assurance for the supply chain that raw materials from MarinTrust certified factories come from a responsibly managed fishery that has no risk of IUU activity within it.
- Determine if a fishery meets the MarinTrust Standard
- Provide opinions on the conclusions reached by the CB in the fisheries assessment
- Comment on each clause’s score and rationale
- Provide input to the procedures and guidelines
Members of the Fisheries Peer Review:
- David Parker (Chair) - Young's Sea foods/ Fish processor/ United Kingdom
- Luis Icochea - Universidad Nacional Agraria La Molina/ Independent fisheries consultant/ Peru
- Ernesto Godelman - CeDePesca/ Environmental NGO/ Argentina