The objectives of the SPS-FIP are:
- Decision making process on fishery management is transparent, inclusive and participatory
- Fishery data, species, habitats and environmental information is collected, published and publicly available.
- Stock assessments of relevant species to the fishery are conducted on regular bases, following scientific methodology and their results are published and publicly available.
- Conservations and Management Measures (CMMs) are adopted by fishery managers accordingly to the stock assessments outcomes and recommendations.
- Fishery interactions with ETP are registered by concerned fleets and managers adopt CMMs accordingly.
End Date: October 2023
Last Update: October 2022
FAO Area: 87
Gear Type: Purse seine
Target species used as whole fish for marine ingredient production:
Pacific chub mackerel (Scomber japonicus)
Frigate tuna (Auxis spp)
Shortfin scad (Decapterus macrosoma)
Largehead hairtail (Trichiurus lepturus)
Pacific anchoveta (Cetengraulis mysticetus)
Round herring (Etrumeus acuminatus)
On occasion, other species may be used for marine ingredient production.
Name: Jimmy Anastacio-Solis
Organisation: Cámara Nacional de Pesquería (CNP)
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (593) 99 421 8943
Participants: (MOU documents)
- Original MOU document
- New MOU documents 2019: Exu S.A., Seimar S.A., Dimolfin S.A., Cargill Ecuador
- New MOU documents 2020: Riveto S.A., Rosmei S.A., Inharipac S.A., Galdecun S.A., Ecuafeed S.A.,
IP Accepted Sites: 6 (Acceptance documents)
- Fortidex S.A.
- Negocios Industriales Real NIRSA S.A
- EXU S.A.
- Productos Pesqueros S.A Produpes
- Pesquera Herco S.A
- Empresa Pesquera Polar S.A.
Chain of Custody: No